Who we are
Our website address is: http://lordsouvenirs.co.uk.
Security is one of our highest priorities and we take every precaution to protect your personal information both online and offline. Information requested when registering or ordering goods (including your credit / debit card details) is encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the industry standard encryption software. To help us keep your personal information strictly confidential you should keep your password secret. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect your personal details off-line. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices and we ensure our Merchants maintain our standards of security.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected through this website.
Information Collection and Use
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a more personalised shopping experience. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others other than as disclosed in this statement.
Links to / from 3rd party websites
We are not responsible for and accept no liability for the content or privacy practices of any linked website which is not owned and maintained by us. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect from children any data relating to such children.
What personal data do we collect and process
During the registration or ordering process we collect some or all of the following information:
If you have registered you may check, amend or remove your personal details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by contacting us online or writing to us. By registering or ordering through our website you consent to the collection and processing of your personal details by us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, social media username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details (solely for the purpose of processing payments).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, MAC address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Location Data includes your location where this is determined via your mobile phone.
- Business Contact Data includes your name, business or work contact details, details about who you work for and your role in any such organisation and your credentials.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature or we may aggregate your Profile and Transaction Data to create an “average customer” profile. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any “special categories of personal data” about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How is your personal data obtained?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions with customers. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, via social media, live chat or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- order our products online or by telephone;
- purchase our products in-store;
- create an account on our website;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Direct interactions with business contacts. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Business Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, via social media or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- negotiate and/or enter into a contract with us; or
- provide us with your business card.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment/devices, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our Cookie Notice for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, advertising networks or search information providers (such as Google Analytics, Google (adwords), Microsoft (Bing) and Facebook).
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity, Contact and Profile Data from social media providers (such as Twitter or Facebook) where you use these to correspond with us.
- Business Contact Data from your business or from third party references or from professional advisors.
- Business Contact and Identity Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House or your business’s website.
Failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How will we use your personal data?
Personal data will be processed by us where you consent to the processing or where that processing is necessary for 1) the performance of a contract with you; or 2) compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or 3) the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal basis we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including bases of legitimate interest
|To register you as a new online customer and to administer such online account with us||
||Performance of a contract with you|
To process and deliver your order (online, by telephone and in-store) including:
To manage and provide (where you have agreed to participate) certain discounts (such as student discounts), a prize draw or competition
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
To manage our business relationships with professional advisors, regulatory authorities, public authorities and others, which will include:
|To establish, exercise and defend our legal rights||All data||Necessary for our legitimate interests (in protecting our legal rights)|
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Our direct marketing communications and activities generally consist of delivering regular newsletters and promotions by e-mail, providing content and advertisements relevant to you when you are on our website, following up by e-mail on potential online sales and tracking response rates to our e-mail promotions.
Please note that we use three categories of e-mail communication:
- Transactional e-mails (being those e-mails sent to you in order to confirm transactions, such as confirming receipt of an order or confirming delivery dates).
- Post-purchase e-mails (being those e-mails sent to you immediately after a purchase to request feedback)
- Marketing e-mails (being those direct marketing e-mails sent to you in accordance with this Marketing section)
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data for marketing purposes, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To enable you to participate in certain discounts (such as student discounts), a prize draw or competition
To ask you to complete a survey or provide feedback on our business or our products/services
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services (including customers’ opinions of our products), to develop them and grow our business and to market our products)
To provide direct online marketing to you which will include:
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services (including customers’ opinions of our products), to develop our products/services, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
Where this marketing involves us placing cookies or similar technologies we will obtain consent
|To provide direct marketing communications by e-mail||
||Your consent, and in some cases legitimate interests where permissible by applicable law|
|To automatically profile you as an online customer or potential customer||
|To track and follow-up on potential online sales (including check-out abandonments and basket abandonments) and to track response rates to promotions which includes cookie-based tracking||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how to improve online sales rates, to develop our products/services, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookie Notice||
|To anonymise Profile, Usage and Transaction Data for the purpose of market research||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services and to conduct market research)|
|To create an anonymous profile of customer types using publicly available profile information of our customers||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to conduct market research, to develop our products/services, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding use of personal data for marketing and advertising. Where you are a registered online customer, you can view and make certain decisions about the use of your personal data by contacting us.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time or to adjust your marketing preferences by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of all or any of these marketing activities, this will not apply to personal data provided to us for any other purpose, including as a result of a product purchase or other transactions. In particular, we will continue to send you transactional e-mails as required by consumer legislation.